New Item - Coming Soon
- 47.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Maestro III Image Processor
- 5.76m-Dot 0.78x-Mag. EyeRes OLED EVF
- 3.2" 2.1m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- 5K/DCI 4K Video; HLG & 10-Bit Recording
- ISO 100-50000, Up to 20 fps Shooting
- Contrast-Detect 225-Area AF System
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens
- Limited Edition of 1000 Units
Limited to 1000 units worldwide, this Leica SL2 boasts a silver anodized top plate and base plate, providing a striking contrast to the elegant black leather covering reminiscent of the Leica M11. The distinct, minimalist design highlights Leica's commitment to functional elegance and haptic value, resulting in a camera that is as visually stunning as the images it captures.Not only does this new variant embody the unmistakable Leica design language, but it perfectly marries the past with the present by incorporating the technical specifications of the modern SL2 series. While celebrating the brand's historic roots, the silver Leica SL2 doesn't compromise on features or performance, bringing you the best of both worlds.
For accelerated autofocus performance, a Leica Object Detection AF system quickly calculates the distance to subjects and adjusts the focusing position with sensor and lens communication occurring at rates up to 480 fps. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications through the use of a Body Detection mode. It also features 225 selectable AF areas, which provide excellent control over where the camera will focus.
Featuring a full-frame 47.3MP CMOS sensor and Maestro III image processor, the SL2's imaging capabilities have been optimized for high-resolution recording along with notable sensitivity, a wide 14-stop dynamic range, and flexible recording modes. The sensor's design omits a low-pass filter in order to maintain the highest degree of sharpness and resolution. When paired with the Maestro processor, noise levels are further suppressed throughout the sensitivity range, from ISO 50-50000, and processing capabilities further yield fast full-resolution continuous shooting speeds up to 20 fps with an electronic shutter, 10 fps with a mechanical shutter, and 6 fps with a mechanical shutter and AF-C, for up to 78 consecutive DNG files.
Beyond stills shooting, the SL2 is a capable video camera featuring up to 5K (4992 x 3744) recording with 10-bit color, as well as DCI, UHD 4K, and Full HD settings. Also, high-speed recording modes for UHD 4K60, with 30 fps playback, and Full HD 180 fps, with 30 fps playback, offer 2x and 6x slower motion, respectively.Complementing the video quality, a dedicated Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) Photo Style mode and L-Log gamma profile can be used to expand highlight and shadow details and offer greater flexibility when color grading. Additionally, recording to an optional external recorder is possible, via the HDMI Type A port, and support for an external microphone and headphones are also available via dedicated 3.5mm jacks. Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when photographing handheld, 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization compensates for a broad range of movement types to render sharper, clearer imagery.Using sensor-shift stabilization technology, the SL2 also features a Multishot mode to capture and compile eight separate exposures to create a single 187MP raw or JPEG file. Suitable for static subjects and when working on a tripod, this mode creates a more highly detailed and color accurate image than a single shot alone can produce and produces an image with a 16736 x 11168-pixel resolution.
- Used in conjunction with other members of the L-Mount Alliance, the L lens mount is a versatile interface with a mount diameter of 51.6mm and a flange distance of 20mm for working with a broad range of optics.
- An impressive EyeRes EVF is a high-resolution 5.76m-dot OLED finder offering a clear 0.78x configurable viewing magnification along with a smooth 120 fps refresh rate, 0.005 sec lag, and 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Large 3.2" 2.1m-dot touchscreen LCD is a bright, clear means for live view shooting as well as playback and menu navigation. This screen also uses Gorilla Glass for a highly durable design.
- In addition to the rear LCD, a 1.28" top status LCD can also be used for quickly reviewing shooting settings, even when the camera is powered off.
- Durable, weather-sealed magnesium-alloy construction is splash, dust, and freezeproof to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- Dual UHS-II-compatible SD memory card slots offer flexible image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- A USB Type-C port allows for fast file transferring as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, an HDMI Type A port benefits video applications, and 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs.
- BP-SCL4 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated for approximately 370 shots per charge when working with the rear monitor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the Q2 and remote shooting via a live view image. Additionally, Bluetooth LE helps to maintain a permanent connection between the mobile device and the camera, enabling remote waking of the camera and automatic connection anytime within range.