- 40MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
Putting the 'R' in resolution, the Leica M10-R is a digital rangefinder camera with a high-resolution take on the traditional, stills-only design of the acclaimed M10-series. Revolving around an impressive 40MP full-frame CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, the M10-R is distinguished by its image quality, dynamic range, and sensitivity, with an ISO 100-50000 range and low noise. Complementing the applications suited to a higher resolution design, the M10-R also features an extended shutter speed range for making long exposures up to 16 minutes-long for nighttime and low-light shooting. The increased resolution and redesigned sensor structure also highlight the unique optical qualities of Leica's extensive lens lineup.
Beyond the updated sensor, the M10-R takes on a familiar form with a slim body profile that is reminiscent of M film cameras, and a large 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder for notable composition and focusing accuracy. The body design also incorporates a dedicated ISO dial for quick adjustment, even when the camera is turned off, and the rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a Gorilla Glass cover to guard against scratching and light impacts. Also contributing to durability, the top and bottom plates are constructed from brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy to realize a robust physical construction for long-lasting use. Additionally, the M10-R also sports an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
M10-R for Resolution
Revolving around a unique 40MP full-frame CMOS sensor, the M-10R distinguishes itself within the M10 family of cameras by its high resolution and longer exposure capabilities. Beyond traditional Leica applications of street and reportage shooting, these capabilities lend themselves to landscape and nature shooters, as well, and also enable photographers to make full use of the exceptional Leica lens lineup. Aside from the revised sensor design, the M10-R retains its slim form factor, ultra quiet operation, and svelte design, which includes a characteristic red dot on the front of the camera, a plain top plate, and an elegant black chrome finish.
40MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
A redeveloped full-frame color 40.89MP CMOS sensor pairs with the Maestro II image processor to deliver an impressively wide dynamic range with notable color saturation and contrast, as well as enhanced sensitivity from ISO 100-50000 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The sensor's design also omits an optical low-pass filter in order to achieve greater sharpness and resolution.
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.73x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and bright-line frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6'. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths; options are available in 35mm/135mm, 28mm/90mm, and 50mm/75mm focal length pairs.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera's control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive, bright, and large means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the camera to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica FOTOS app.
Other Camera Features
- Near-silent mechanical shutter for inconspicuous shooting.
- Integrated 2GB buffer to for recording 4.5 fps bursts of up to 10 consecutive frames.
- Images can be recorded in either the 14-bit DNG or 8-bit JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.