- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans Stacked BSI Sensor
- 4K 120p, 6.2K 30p, FHD 240p 10-Bit Video
- Internal ProRes 422 HQ and F-Log 2
- 7-Stop In-Body Image Stabilization
- 5.76m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3" 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 40 fps E. Shutter, 15 fps Mech. Shutter
- 425-Pt. Hybrid AF, AI Subject Detection
- ProRes & Blackmagic RAW via HDMI
- CFexpress Type B & SD UHS-II Card Slots
The first X Series camera to feature a stacked sensor, the X-H2S sports an APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans 5 stacked BSI sensor, which ups the readout speeds and improves low-light performance compared to previous generations. First, as an X-Trans sensor, it uses the unique color filter array that inherently minimizes moiré and contributes to more natural color rendering; next, the BSI design helps reduce noise and improve tonality and clarity; and, finally, the stacked design greatly reduces rolling shutter and other motion distortion to better suit high-speed video and photo photo applications.
Partner to the newly designed sensor is a fresh engine—the X-Processor 5—which uses 64-bit processing to realize 3x faster speeds for both video and photo tasks compared to the X-T4. On the video side, this enables recording at up to 6.2K with high bitrates like ProRes 422 HQ or at high speeds, like with 240 fps recording at Full HD.
On the stills end, this quick processing means faster shooting to suit photographing moving subjects. When working with an electronic shutter, shooting at up to 40 fps is possible, with a buffer of 140 consecutive uncompressed raw frame. With the mechanical shutter, shooting speeds up to 15 fps are possible, along with the ability to shoot upwards of 1000 raw frames in a single burst.
Benefitting both video and stills applications, this processing also benefits the sophisticated and AI-backed autofocus system, helps achieve a 14-stop dynamic range, and enables a broad sensitivity range from ISO 160-12800.
With a penchant for video, the X-H2S has a well-rounded recording system that places this camera squarely in the 'hybrid' category and performs equally well for video as it does for video. Internal 4:2:2 10-bit recording is possible in both DCI/UHD 4K at up to 120p and Full HD at up to 240p as well as an open-gate 3:2 6.2K setting that's suitable for anamorphic applications. A variety of codecs are supported as well, including H.265 and three tiers of ProRes: the high bitrate 422 HQ, the standard 422, and the more compressed 422 LT. Also, continuous recording times up to 90 minutes are possible at all frame rates and resolutions.
Using the full-size HDMI port, raw video recording is possible when paired with a compatible external recorder. Both ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW recording is possible, along with the ability to work with F-Log or F-Log 2 profiles, and either format supports working in resolutions up to the open-gate 6.2K.
Benefitted by the improved processing, autofocus performance is noticeably faster and more intelligent. This hybrid focusing system uses 425 phase-detection points and is now sensitive down to -7 EV for working in truly low-light conditions. Also, backed by deep learning, an AI adaptive algorithm means this focusing system is better suited to automatically detect and track a variety of subject types. Compared to previous focusing systems, the X-H2S's Face and Eye Detection capabilities have been refined for greater accuracy and to account for unique features, like glasses, face coverings, and hairlines. Also, the range of recognized subjects types has been expanded to include cars, planes, trains, motorcyclists, birds, horses, dogs, cats and more.
Built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 7 stops. This system works in conjunction with most X Series lenses, including non-stabilized ones, and benefits working with slower shutter speeds and when shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, digital image stabilization can also be used during video recording to further aid in steadying footage, especially when recording handheld.
- Large OLED electronic viewfinder features a crisp 5.76m-dot resolution and a 0.8x magnification for bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.0" LCD has a high 1.62m-dot resolution and a touchscreen interface for intuitive control. Also, its vari-angle design means the screen can be flipped out to the side, tilted up or down, and closed with the screen against the body for protection.
- 1.28" monochrome LCD screen on the top plate is a simple means for quickly reviewing shooting settings.
- Dual memory card slots include one CFexpress Type B slot and one SD UHS-II slot for file-saving flexibility. The CFexpress Type B slot should be prioritized for higher bitrate video recording and fast continuous shooting, and the SD slot is a convenient alternative for backups or less speed-critical shooting.
- NP-W235 battery provides approximately 720 frames per charge when working with the EVF in Economy Mode, or approximately 580 frames in Normal Mode.
- Full-size HDMI Type A port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port supports tethering, data transfer, and in-camera battery charging.
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports for greater control over audio recording.
- PC sync port for flash sync.
- 2.5mm remote port for using wired remote controllers.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of several of FUJIFILM's film types, including Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Nostalgic Neg., Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Eterna, Eterna Bleach Bypass, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Color Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
The Fujinon MKX50-135mm T2.9 Lens in X-Mount is a lightweight cine-style zoom lens for X-mount cameras with a Super 35mm-sized sensor. The electrical contacts within the lens mounts allows communication with X-series cameras. It features a mechanical design with three independent lens control rings: focus, iris, and zoom. Each ring incorporates a cine-style gear with a 0.8 MOD for interfacing with standard cine-style lens accessories. The focus ring features approximately 200° of rotation, which provides room or precise focus pulls, and the iris is clickless, enabling smooth iris pulls. The lens also incorporates a macro mode for close focusing capabilities.
The lens is color matched to other Fujinon lenses such as the HK, ZK, and XK series, which enables smooth intercutting between lenses. The 85mm front enables use with many cine-style matte boxes via use of optional step-up rings (rings not included). The lens weighs only 2.16 pounds, which is fairly light for a cinema zoom that holds focus and aperture throughout the focal length range. It is designed for cameras with a Fuji X-mount, so it has a short flange focal distance, but the lens allows flange focal distance adjustment so you can fine-tune it to the camera you are using the lens on.
The electical contacts within the lens mount enables communication with X-series cameras, which allows for correction of distortion and color/brightness shading to prevent vignetting. This communication also enables you to achieve a variety of color expressions when using Film Simulation modes.
T2.9 to T22 aperture with 9 iris blades for attractive bokeh
The 28.5mm diameter image circle covers the 3-perf super 35 format with a 16:9 aspect ratio
Industry standard 0.8 film pitch gears for focus, zoom, and iris control
The gear rings positions for focus, zoom, and iris are located at the same position on both lenses in the MKX series, making switching between the two zooms quick as you don't have to adjust the position of lens accessories
Both lenses in the MKX series have the same weight and length so there is no need to rebalance your camera when you change from one lens to the other
200° focus barrel rotation
No shims are required to adjust the flange focal distance as this lens has a built-in adjustment mechanism
Macro focus function available